Old January 4th 07, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
M[_1_]

Default Absolute lowest altitude you can fly (legally)

I've never heard the requirement of having a book of FAR/AIM for a ramp
check.

These days you can read the entire FAR/AIM online. I don't see the
need for a hard copy anymore.

As far as "all available information" goes, how many pilots have the
current VFR chart update Bulletins?

Not only that, but those of us with current medicals, and follow
US FAA "rules" have our own printed copies. Why? Because one of
the rules is that we are required to have "all available information"
for each and every flight. Each and every one of us in the US
are fair game for a ramp check.

My guess is less than 10% of pilots have the FAR's with them at any
given time. You're pretty optimistic about your fellow pilots.