Old July 13th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin[_2_]

Default Not user fees anymore, service fees...

Frank Stutzman wrote in
:

In rec.aviation.homebuilt NW_Pilot
wrote:

"Blueskies" wrote in message
et...
http://www.avweb.com/newspics/FAA_service_fees.pdf

Register your plane, $130.00

Process a medical, $42.00 (each time!)

Ouch!!!! Looks like they really want to kill general aviation.

Can't see how an increase in the cost of processing a medical is aimed
at killing GA. Commercial aviation also has to have pilots and those
pilots have to have current medicals.

As it stands now, my costs run around $200 per year for my class 2
medical. Add to that the delays and "hoop jumping" each year, I have to
consider hanging up my spurs and consider LSA.