Old November 2nd 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alistair Wright

Default Award Miniatures Glider Kits Question

wrote in message
Does anyone remember the 1970s balsa Award Miniatures glider desk
model kits?
I'm trying to indentify / locate the original owner of the company.
Also curious how many designs there were, and if anyone has any of the
old plans.
(Know of a Minimoa, 1-23, 1-26, 2-32, and a Slingsby Skylark 4)

Thanks.
Cam

What scale were these models? I have a collection of balsa gliders at 1/72
scale which I made for myself. I have plans for these (at that scale). Of
the gliders you mention I have the Skylark 4 (and all the other marks) plus
other Slingsby gliders and both the EoN Olympias which were in series
producton (the 2b and the 463). There is a Polish oufit which does 1/72
plastic models of gliders - I have their Olympia2b but it really isn't all
that good.

Alistair