Old August 9th 20, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

Default Speed of a vario

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 7:49:02 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Which vario has lowest latency? (Least delay to indicate thermal we pass)

Anyone has done side by side tests?

Sage Vario's are the fastest mechanical I know, however the seat of your pants is be far the most accurate if you fly well. Our typical TE systems have flaw that would prevent even the fast electrical or mechanical from giving good information. Have you ever glanced at your TE on take roll? Any horizontal wind gust shows as lift and sink, a typical take off roll shows 4-5 FPM lift!!. Using the seat of pants combined with a averager works for most of us.

BG