Old February 19th 21, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 8:30:12 AM UTC-5, Gregg Ballou wrote:
On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:12:45 PM UTC-5, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
...Yearly flu has a higher body count...

Quick update: Sometime in the next few days, the US death toll from Covid-19 will exceed half a million. That's in about 380 days since the first US death in early February 2020.

Fortunately, the vaccination effort is now recovering from its slow start and is ramping up to scale.

--Bob K.

Bob your TV is killing you. The vaccine is more deadly than cov-aids. The Vaers data is out there for those that care to look beyond the fake news. The short term data is ugly, just wait for the 'unexplained' surge in autoimmune disease. Besides what should the soaring community do about any of it? Cancel the entire 2021 season? How about the next decade, we can't be too safe? Pretend face diapers do something? Wait until the claimed death toll is six million and invade some foreign country? War is always a great feel good distraction for retards when the power of fake news slips.
Anyway if anyone is going to be reckless and take unapproved GMO vaccines, for the love of soaring, will your gliders to a youth program before getting the jab.

Gregg, to your surprise I got so ****ed off at the media I canceled all TV in my house, only watch Newsmax on the computer. Yea, as far as war goes it does seem to be the policy of the Democrats to change the directive. I did get the jab, can honestly say that after my close friend stayed 30 days in ICU, even had dreams of his own funeral, it seemed to be the best alternative.
My wife and I still practice safe measures when being outside our home environment, rather be safe than sorry. After retiring and having several surgeries during the 219-20 years about the only thing to do is fly the gliders and play with a few toys. I have been teaching myself video editing, and playing with drones.
The weather here in Florida has been sub par for this time of year, I cannot see this spring as a stellar soaring venue, too wet and unusual weather leading up to March, and then add the COVID situation, well I need not say anymore about that. Now more about soaring, October, which can be the second best month of the year was a dud, the WX pattern has not changed much in our favor. I did think it was beginning to dry out a bit and the motorglider guys from Seminole Motorglider facility made one respectable flight about a week back, but nothing since. Combine the WX with the unfortunate death of Rush Limbaugh and we are all in mourning here in the sunshine state. Take care, hope you get in the air soon, fly safe. Bob