Old August 9th 05, 12:56 AM
Kyle Boatright

wrote in message
oups.com...
Our club just received our newest 172. The previous owner put a decal
on the door advertising his company and we would like to remove it
without harming the paint. Any suggestions?

Mineral spirits works well, and won't hurt the paint. It is the primary
ingredient in most of the "tar removal" products sold for cleaning
automobiles.

Someone suggested a heat gun, but those things are very sensitive to proper
use. Hold 'em a little too close or on one spot for a couple seconds too
long and you'll not only bubble the paint, you might even set it on fire...
Try a blow dryer instead.

KB