Old August 23rd 03, 02:07 PM
Francois Marquis

A agree too. My intented usage is:
PTT, of course,
Aileron trim (my pitch trim is mechanical)
AutoPilot Engage/Disengage
Argus Moving map select/Info modes
Approach timer (although this is not absolutely necessary there)

It is hard to imagine that someone would put the starter and other
things on the baseball bat as stated in another post.

Here's what I am talking about, particularely the model G7:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...stickgrips.php

Francois

Ed Wischmeyer wrote:
Has anyone got an appreciation of the RAC (formerly Menzimer Aircraft
Corporation) stick grips? I am particularely interested in the multiple
switch model.

Don't know which one that is, but there's a lot of very bad human
factors that goes into stick grips with lots of switches.

Attributes of things you want on the switch:
* You use 'em a lot
* You need 'em in a hurry
* If you push 'em by mistake, no big deal

A disadvantage of things on the stick is that they're usually not
labeled, and if they are, you may have to remove your hand to [try to]
read the label.

Best examples of things that may belong on the stick are electric trim
and push to talk.

Things you should *not* have on the stick are starter, flaps, and cowl
flaps. Some folks do that, but...

Ed Wischmeyer