Old August 26th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Default Flight computer with illuminated display

wrote:
Any such type available in the market? An acquaintance asked and I've
no idea at all... an idea of the price would be much help too.

Thanks in advance,

Ramapriya

There are some nice Flight Computer programs for PDA's most of which
have optional back lights.

The "dedicated" electronic E6-B's not only don't have lights, the
one I have (ASA CX-2) and the other that I've read the manual for
(The Sporty's electronic E6) are both crap as far as I am concerned.
Other than their legality to use on the written (where a PDA would
not be), they are junk in my opinion. They have the stupidest
user interface and the full range of calculations you can do with
the old whiz-wheel-slip-stick can't be accomplished.