Old April 17th 17, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default FlarmNet

An odd thing happened yesterday. Throughout the day, I kept seeing the
same glider, 5D, on my ClearNav, fed by a PowerFlarm portable. As we we
approached the airport, I tried to contact the glider to coordinate our
approaches and got no reply. Finally the glider pilot announced her
intentions and I queried on her position. It was who I thought, having
recognized her voice and call sign. I know she's the original owner of
this glider so I don't understand why the ID was wrong. I just
installed a new FlarmNet database about a week ago.

This has happened once before prompting the recent download. Other
gliders flying out of our home field display with the proper call
signs. Any ideas?
--
Dan, 5J