Old May 21st 19, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Implausible Time Records

Maybe has to do with waiting to get the current almanac to know how many leap seconds to apply to received GPS time to get to UTC time used for the logs? Waiting for the whole message can take over 10 minutes.

Dave, thanks for the info and link. I had no idea about the gps errors, inaccuracies, atomic clock drift, leap seconds, etc; until doing a few searches.
Now I see why the clock time can change and have a greater appreciation for the difficulty GPS receiver manufacturers must deal with. It appears our real problem is that OLC does not know how to handle normal events within the log files. Other soaring analysis programs seem to know to expect such events.

I had an email from lxnav that they noticed this issue a few weeks ago. While I updated on April 8; there is a new May 7 update that should help.