Old May 25th 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone on this list actually claim to check for TFRs for every
local flight in the pattern?

Yes. I have gotten a briefing for EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT I have ever made in
the US, and for all but one in Canada and the Bahamas. I admit, I made one
local flight in the Bahamas without a briefing, but that's it.

It's a basic part of the preflight actions. I also spend a good 15-20
minutes walking around my airplane before every flight, and there's a host
of other time-consuming things (fueling, driving to and from the airport,
sometimes a visit to the pilot shop, etc) surrounding my flying. An extra
10 minutes (though, usually it's only 5) to get a briefing is a no-brainer.

Who would have known the VP was going to
be in Sac? He came stealth.

If everyone knew he was coming, the TFR could have been assumed and no one
would have needed to check the NOTAMs. "He came stealth" is exactly why you
DO check NOTAMs.

Pete