Old May 25th 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

Yep, every flight. It might be a difference in culture between younger
pilots like myself and people who have been flying longer. I did all
of my flight training after 9/11, and I trained in the LA basin, which
is somewhat busy. As a result, there was a bigger emphasis on checking
this stuff than my pilot friends who learned earlier.

Every single flight, I get a briefing to check for notams & TFRs. I do
most of my flying out in the boonies now, but I still call FSS. Heck,
I did pattern work the other day and still called 'em just to make
sure. It's a useful source of information, why not use the tools
available? I might not like the fact that these restrictions exist,
and I'll write a letter to my congressman, but with a couple minutes of
effort each flight, I can avoid being the guy waving to the F-16 off my
wing.

Ben Hallert
PP-ASEL