Old May 25th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

We just had a briefing from one of the Lockheed Martin AFSS managers and
that is coming. You will be able to log onto a website and provide your
personal information if you wish. Call for a weather briefing and the
briefer will have your name, ratings, etc. It will be funny calling the
briefer and he says "Hello, Ross, what can I do for you today?"

Ross
SKWI

bob wrote:

Q. How would an email notification work, they don't know what airport
you're at?
A. Similar to AOPA's system, the FAA would setup a web page where
pilots voluntarily participating would submit their email address and
location (either state, zip code, or airport ID) and they would receive
emails for TFR and NOTAMs. This would help for the local flights where
many pilots don't get a briefing. The point being, no single method
will work, but an email notification system would be very cheap and
relatively effective for those participating. We might as well
recognize that for local VFR flights there are just a lot of pilots
that don't get briefings, so why not reduce the number of TFR
violations with a simple email system?