Old May 27th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

"Allen" wrote in message
om...
Newer twin-Cessnas have two switches, one labeled "anti-coll" that turns
on
the rotating beacon and one labeled "strobes" that .turns on the stobe
lights. The strobes do not have to be turned on during day-vfr.

I've flown older Cessnas with the same configuration. There are LOTS of
airplanes with both strobes and a rotating beacon, of all sorts of ages.
So? The rule says that the anti-collision lights need to be on. If your
strobes aren't your anti-collision lights, then obviously they aren't
addressed by that regulation.

This is basic stuff, should be covered in anyone's primary training. Blame
your instructor if you're confused by this thread.

I know you are referring to Jay's airplane not having a beacon must
operate
the strobes but others not reading the full thread (as I started out to
do)
may think that strobes are always required to be on if you have them.

They would only think that if they didn't bother to know and understand the
regulations. I never wrote that strobes are always required to be on, and
no one should infer that from my post. I was very specific about what I
wrote.

Just a nit

It's not a nit. It's just irrelevant. A "nit" would address some failure
in what I wrote. Everything I wrote was true and correct. It was intended
to address a very specific point, in a very specific context. Anyone trying
to extrapolate that point to some unrelated context is making a mistake.

Pete