Old May 27th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
I don't know about that. I counted roughly 120 words in your post. If
that took three minutes, then you are typing at 40 words per minute.

Most of the time spent composing a post isn't the typing. It's the figuring
out what to say, proof-reading, etc. My point about being a fast typist was
just to make sure it's understood that typing isn't the bottleneck in my
case, artificially increasing the time taken to post.

[...]
I'm with Jay on this one. I could preflight my Skylane in no much more
than three minutes. I'd probably say 5 just to be on the safe side, but
it just doesn't take that long to walk around the airplane and pull, tug
and view the essential items.

You aren't doing a sufficient preflight either.

I easily recognize that there are pilots doing three minute preflights.
That doesn't mean those preflights are effective. Try that in one of the
Embry-Riddle-style preflight competitions and you'd be laughed off the ramp.

Pete