Old July 2nd 20, 10:50 PM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Leonard[_2_] View Post
So, anyone have a source for those unicorns? I have several 5.7, but like the display options for 5.8 a LOT more. I recall asking dealers some years ago, and was told that I had bought all available from the dealers I spoke with. Wondering if there might be a way to get older ones re-programmed to 5.8 status.

Thank you!

Steve Leonard
Cambridge Dinosaur Keeper
Hi Steve

I had the same question a few years back and a friend who is an electronics whizz offered to reprogram my L-Nav from 5.7 to 5.8.

Apparently all he had to do was read a 5.8 eprom and then flash mine to upgrade it. I didn't go ahead only because It meant removing the eprom from the other L-Nav and there was a very minor risk of breakage in doing so. Since I had taken the 5.8 L-Nav to my friend to get it repaired (malfunctioning button) for a fellow pilot I wasn't prepared to go there.

If I owned another 5.8 L-Nav I'd give it a crack in a heart beat.

:-) Colin

Last edited by Ventus_a : July 2nd 20 at 10:53 PM.