Old January 7th 18, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Formula 1.0 Grand Prix

The difference between the Jantar Std 2/3 & Std Libelle is 3%, which may be a little narrow - although the Jantars didn't dominate the comp. This may have more to do with the pilots that flew them - it's hard to say.

When you say "Sure hope someone can put together the same here in the states", why don't you do it?

Cheers,
Nick.

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 11:04:12 PM UTC+10:30, wrote:
Never mind. I went back to the initial post and see how they are doing it. Great concept. Sure hope someone can put together the same here in the states, but please don't try to include asw20's, discus's etc. its nice to see it exclusively older club class ships although the jantar 3 in my opinion, is pretty high up on the performance scale say compared to a libelle 201.. I would hope the handicapping truthfully accounts for that. I know the Carl Herold system we use here, while a pretty good starting place, leaves very much to be desired when it's actually applied.