Old September 5th 18, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Too many accidents

On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 2:06:28 PM UTC-7, Pete wrote:
Many of these pilots have many hundreds if not thousands of hours in gliders.
That is the most sobering aspect; experience seems to make little difference in 2018.

Otherwise, I think we are seeing statistics play out pretty morbidly.

Hopefully, 2019 and beyond will statistically average out a horrible year for fatalities in our beautiful sport.

A glider pilot is experienced when s/he no longer makes small mistakes.