Old March 19th 19, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Flarm suppression of ADS-B out on Tow Planes

For those towing behind tow planes equipped with ADS-B out (1090MHz), a new version of PowerFlarm firmware 6.67 is now available which should suppress the collision warning from the tow plane's ADS-B out. Below are release notes.

What about those tow planes equipped with ADS-B out using UAT (978MHz)?

UAT is not showing in powerflarm anyway.

This is great news. I am curious how the new suppression determine the ADSB signal is from the tow plane. I guess the suppression will work similarly for any formation flying, which is a good thing.

Ramy