Old September 5th 04, 12:58 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:yLr_c.103907$9d6.76039@attbi_s54...
Apparently for some reason you just can't grasp the fact that what I
posted initially was simply a personal statement of distaste.

No, you didn't tell the original poster "I find you personally
distasteful" -- you said "I detest people like you."

That's not a subtle difference.

I see.... depends on the meaning of what "is" is; right? Don't know
about you Honek, but if I detest somone, you can be fairly certain that
whatever they might be doing that illicits this response, I would find
personally distasteful, don't you think? Seems like a simple equation to
me!

But when you start branching your "opinions" out of your puddle
jumper cockpit and into my world as a demonstration pilot as an

equal,
I'm afraid you have crossed the line with me. You are not my equal,

and
on issues like these I will never see you as such.

What you can't seem to grasp is that your inflammatory statement (and

my
following post) was NOT about demonstration flying, or even about
puddle-jumper flying -- it was about ethics. And on this subject,

sir, I am
at least your equal.

Well, maybe in your opinion anyway. But not in mine; not if you enjoy
watching crash video for....as you have said....the "thrills"
involved.... was it? I believe what you said exactly was " Personally,
I view aviation videos for the thrill". (I should note here that when
you made this statement, we were discussing aviation crash video outside
the flight safety aspect specifically and not aviation videos per se')

Apparently you have no interest in explaining the ethical logic that

must
underlie your somewhat bizarre response to the initial post -- and

that, of
course, is your prerogative.

I believe I've explained the logic behind my reaction to purient crash
video quite plainly. To reiterate, it's based on fifty years of exposure
to flying airplanes in the environment depicted in these crash videos;
direct involvement as a participant working with the issues involved in
the safety aspects of this scenario; personal experience with the greif
and suffering of friends and associates killed in this scenario; and my
total dislike for those who treat crash video as a hobby, presenting it
in the public forum for sheer entertainment with no regard to the safety
issue and/or the lives they touch by so doing; and my total dislike for
those who willingly partake of these crash videos "for the thrill" they
get from watching them. Need I continue, or is this enough?

But then don't complain to me about being
lectured to about flying -- because that's not what is happening here.

Really.....what's this then?
Honek lectures;
"Flying airplanes in
an air race, wing-tip to wing-tip, is INCREDIBLY dangerous. The odds of
an
accident or incident are high, the odds of violent death are not good."

No kidding....REALLY!!! Why, I NEVER would have known this had you not
taken the time to explain it to me.......and so thoroughly too!!!!! :-))

*sigh*

Yes, a "sigh" is what I would expect from someone who would feel the
need to supply this tidbit of more or less obvious information to
someone else who has spent a lifetime directly involved with the
environment and hardly needs the information explained by someone who
hasn't.

Since I've obviously failed to make my point -- and this is a topic I

REALLY
don't care much about -- I will also bid you a fond "Adios" as well...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Yes, you have failed to make your point, with me at least; whatever that
was, but you did make one point perfectly clear in your last comment.
You obviously "don't care much about the topic" and I do. That's the
basic difference between us and the crux of our disagreement.
I have no desire to end this with you on a bad note Jay. It's just not
worth it for either one of us. Let's end this now before it crosses over
into something it need not become.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired