Old May 21st 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Default Outside reference in IMC

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

BDS writes:

Here is what the FARs say:

(g) Logging instrument flight time.

(1) A person may log instrument time only for that flight time when
the person operates the aircraft solely by reference to instruments
under actual or simulated instrument flight conditions.

To me this means that technically you cannot log instrument time if
you are using outside references, regardless of the type of flight
plan you are on.

It also means that you cannot log instrument time if you are depending
on physical sensations. That would not be "solely by reference to
instruments."

Hey, fjukktard, we use physical sensation to trim the airplane.