Old September 5th 04, 06:57 PM
Ken Reed

I flew this yesterday and it was nice (but what the hell do I know) He
is asking 105k but Vref says it is worth $113k. That seemed high but
again what do I know. Any Mooney owners out there want to give an
opinion on the M20J?

You've looked at two Mooneys now. If you are serious about getting one,
you really must join the Mooney list. You'll get more good information
there than anywhere else:

http://www.aviating.com/mooney/subscribe.html

At minimum, read Bob Kromer's flight test reports on the various Mooney
models:

http://www.mooneypilots.com/flight_test_reports.html

The 'J' will have newer avionics than the 'C' you looked at previously,
it also cruises faster and burns more fuel. Plan on 10-15 kts difference
in cruise speed between the 'C' and 'J', one gallon per hour more in
fuel burn in the 'J' and 50% or more in operating costs, considering
both fixed and variable costs. Of course the purchase price of a 'J' is
twice what a 'C' is.

Personally, I chose to buy 100% of a 'C' model Mooney rather than 50% of
a 'J'. You're looking at the same money up front and ongoing expenses
either way.
---
Ken Reed
http://www.dentalzzz.com