Old May 26th 15, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
D M[_2_]

Johnny,
In Las Vegas, Nevada the local PBS station airs special interest
segments on a request bases. I talked to the local program director
of my station and she said that out of all the glider enthusiasts in
my area only 3 people requested airing of the segment. I even gave
my local glider club the specific instructions on how to request it
and an email link to help them make the request. Its pretty sad, but
the good thing is that PBS was given a 3 year contract to air the
segment as many times as they wish. Since the month of November
is Aviation Month, the local programmer said that she may need
filler to meet the airing requirements so, she would look at Cloud
Street again and see if there is a place to slot it in that time frame.
On another note, she did state that she thinks she will be able to
stream it online anytime, so I may be able to watch it on my 15 inch
screen. Better then nothing. Doug

At 07:19 26 May 2015, Johnny T wrote:
So is it up to our local PBS affiliates to pick this up themselves, or

is
this something that will automatically get pushed out to all PBS

affiliates
eventually... I don't know how PBS content is distributed.

Should I email my local PBS affiliate and ask them to be on the

lookout for
this content? Help, what is the best way to make sure this gets

lots of
eyeballs?

I saw the post that it is available on Amazon, so I know how to get

my own
copy, but how can I make sure this is actually seen by a wide

audience?