Old September 2nd 05, 09:34 AM
Herb

Anyone know of an STC that will let me run my truck on avgas? Mogas
was $3.69 on the way home from flying, and avgas at the airport was
'only' $3.99, so if the gap closes any more...

Heard that the Fed is going to charge highway use taxes on Jet-A since
many truckers are pumping it into their rigs now. Kind of makes me
want to see what the price is, and maybe pump some Jet-A into the
Liberty CRD instead of $2.999/gal US diesel. Apparently they're going
to make FBO's prove that the Jet-A went into an airplane before they
refund the highway tax. Uh huh, sure they will. Just checked and
there's an airport here in PA that has Jet-A for $1.95/gallon US, may
have to give this some serious thought. Mix a little biodiesel with it
to restore the lubrication and who knows.

Herb