Old July 3rd 08, 11:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

Default Mid Air Collisions

On 3 Jul, 06:42, Sukumar Kirloskar wrote:
One of the books of Philip Wills has a chapter that describes how the BGA
was able
to obtain the freedom to fly gliders in controlled airspace in the UK. As
I recall, this
was the result of a statistical analysis on the probabilities of mid air
collisions. Would
anybody know where I may be able to lay my hands on this report or anybody

provide it or perhaps a copy of the chapter of the book.

That's in "Free as a Bird", the third one of his "Bird" books. I am
sure abebooks.com will turn one up for you.

Alas, all that he fought for has gone now.

Ian