Old May 20th 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Helmet Reconditioning

On May 20, 6:54*am, "Dan Marotta" wrote:
Well, I can't top that story but, if you can gain access to an Air Force
base, go to the life support shop and the technicians will likely do it for
you for nothing. *Of course, a 6-pack or case of their favorite beverage is
a nice payment after the fact. *Years ago I got a CRU-60/P at Carswell AFB
and a set of bayonet connectors at NAS Dallas. *Got a bailout bottle at
Buckley ANGB, too. *Of course, security might be tighter now...

"JJ Sinclair" wrote in message

I remember a story about a company that made bust enhancement devices
(falsies) who couldn't understand why a small town in Texas was buying
their devices at a rate that was way beyond normal consumption for a
town that size. Turns out the cadets receiving flight training at the
local airbase were lining their helmets with falsies!
:) JJ- Hide quoted text -

Yes I suspect things have changed. I did high altitude training at
Edwards in the early 80's. I asked one of the instructors about
bailout bottles and he gave me one. Still have it and it's still
full.

Andy (GY)