Old April 29th 20, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default New source to download Condor landscapes: torrents

On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 7:21:30 AM UTC-4, Turkey Vulture wrote:
This is really fantastic. Thank you.

May I ask something of the wonderful people running USNS:

Would you consider consolidating the races to three sceneries or less so people can be better prepared?

I think this would help keep new people flying. I've been unable to keep up with downloading the most recent scenery required to race that night. Computer memory and connection speeds prevent it.

We have barely exploited all that is to offer with the stock scenery. Do we really need to travel around the world (virtually) to race each other?

This was more reasonable in Condor 1, but Condor 2 is a different beast with regards to disk storage space...

Thanks for doing the races. They are AWESOME!

Another option would be racing in one scenery for a week - one download. Vary the wind, type of glider, cloudbase; that would provide a 'same but different' experience and be easier to prepare for. Announce the following week's scenery a week in advance so that people can be prepared.