Old July 24th 03, 02:28 AM
vincent p. norris

Also how long did it take to master the tail wheel techniques.

I soloed a J-3 after 7.3 hours of dual, and that was pretty typical in
the old days.

So it ain't all that hard.

A couple of years later, as a navy cadet, I soloed an SNJ after 12
hours, and so did the other cadets, most of whom had never been in an
airplane before.

But recently, a friend of mine who is a CFII was required by his
insurance company to get 20 (TWENTY!!!) hours of dual in his recently-
purchased Cessna before they would insure him.

I hope you won't have to deal with that kind of thinking.

vince norris