Old March 30th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default HpH 304CZ as first sailplane

WOW! I never expected such a great response!.

I sincerely appreciate the thoughtful and thought provoking comments.
You have all given me lots of food for thought.

Obviously the issue of proper training and preparation is number one.
In my mind this is a given. I posed the question because I have an
oppportunity to purchase a 304CZ that is in my neighborhood and comes
from a highly recommended source. I know that I may have to sit on it
for a while until I get up to speed in the category, but after reading
all the reponses it honestly doesn't seem like it's something that is
"out of my league", again given the proper instruction. I will
DEFINATELY do the dual cross country training that has been
recommended. This is a great idea and something I had planned to do
regardless of what aircraft I selected.

Thanks to all you who took the time to reply. I will follow up on this
post once I make a decision!

Frank