Old June 4th 19, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default One-man rigging aids - is the electric up/down control worth it?

On Monday, June 3, 2019 at 11:13:15 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
A couple of days ago I witnessed an attempt to rig a 1-36 (I think it
was), and the owner was using a crow bar!Â* Try that with FRP structures.

--
Dan, 5J

Once when I was rigging my HP14 years ago a "helpful" bystander wanted to apply a hammer to the balky spar pins.

That said, some FRP gliders come with a sort of crowbar from the factory, to draw the wings together that last inch - applying the forces to suitably engineered points.