Old November 16th 05, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Info on Shipping Glider OUT of USA

is it cheaper to pay freight to ship overseas and return for refinish
than it is to have a "local" shop in the US do the refinish?

BT

"Ray Lovinggood" wrote in message
Larry,

If only I could...

Now, what I should have given the subject line is:

'How to ship a glider out of the USA and ship it back
after it has been spiffied up?'

I am trying to price out the cost for shipping my LS1-d
to eastern Europe (Poland? Slovenia? ???) for a refinish
and shipping it back with its new finish (gel coat???
polyurethane???) in a new trailer.

Anyone in America have useful information?

Thanks,

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Where really good thermals might average 5 knots...

At 00:06 16 November 2005, 01-- Zero One wrote:
Don't do it, Ray!!!!! Unless you are going to import
2 more to replace
it..

;-)

Larry

'Ray Lovinggood' wrote in message
:

If anyone has information on how to ship a glider
OUT
of the USA, please contact me at the e-mail address:

vison at intrex dot net

Thanks,

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina