Old November 16th 05, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Info on Shipping Glider OUT of USA

Do you really want to ship all that money overseas? Issues of employment
and balance of payments aside, supporting a local infrastructure of capable
repairmen is, IMHO, worthwhile in and of itself.

Raphael Warshaw
1LK

"Ray Lovinggood" wrote in message
BT,

I don't know. That's why I'm trying to find out all
about the shipping and possible problems with Customs
and other government agencies I'm sure I've never heard
of. And, of course, shipping costs.

If it ends up too expensive because of shipping costs,
then it will get refinished here, I guess.

I just want to know my options.

Thanks,

Ray Lovinggood

At 05:42 16 November 2005, Btiz wrote:
is it cheaper to pay freight to ship overseas and return
for refinish
than it is to have a 'local' shop in the US do the
refinish?

BT

'Ray Lovinggood' wrote in message
Larry,

If only I could...

Now, what I should have given the subject line is:

'How to ship a glider out of the USA and ship it back
after it has been spiffied up?'

I am trying to price out the cost for shipping my
LS1-d
to eastern Europe (Poland? Slovenia? ???) for a
refinish
and shipping it back with its new finish (gel coat???
polyurethane???) in a new trailer.

Anyone in America have useful information?

Thanks,

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Where really good thermals might average 5 knots...

At 00:06 16 November 2005, 01-- Zero One wrote:
Don't do it, Ray!!!!! Unless you are going to import
2 more to replace
it..

;-)

Larry

'Ray Lovinggood' wrote in message
:

If anyone has information on how to ship a glider
OUT
of the USA, please contact me at the e-mail address:

vison at intrex dot net

Thanks,

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina