Old March 28th 04, 07:26 PM
Javier Henderson

"C J Campbell" writes:

"John Doe" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 05:24:25 GMT, "SeeAndAvoid"

Time for a reality check.

That's the way it is. The ball's in your court. Unless the aviation

community
and perhaps the FAA can work out a helpful response,.the path is going to

be
regrettably clear.

The reality is that you do not have a Constitutional right to control the
airspace above your property. The Supreme Court has already ruled on that
and it is unlikely that this will ever be reversed.

The reality is that pilots have as much right to enjoy their property as you
have to enjoy yours.

The reality is that aerobatics is an art form and probably Constitutionally
protected freedom of expression.

(...)

You know, I always wonder how much damage we as pilots are doing to
ourselves by brandishing arguments like that.

I thought the original message was well written and I didn't feel the
poster was on a rampage.

If the facts presented are true, like the guy in a Pitts causing injuries
to livestock and other low level buzz jobs, then we are shooting ourselves
in our collective foot if we as a group cry foul when such transgressions
happen and are brought out for discussion.

-jav