Old January 4th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Default What would you call this tool? Bolt drill guide?

Roger wrote:
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:37:55 -0600, Dan wrote:

mhorowit wrote:
Dan wrote:
mhorowit wrote:
Roger wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:10:23 -0500, Michael Horowitz
wrote:

Place the v-block on the drill press, lower the drill bit until it
bottoms in the V, clamp the v-block down and every single cylindrical
object placed in the v-block will be drilled through the center.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Duh, of course. Thanks - Mike

I know the feeling. I have days when I make some rather elaborate set
ups on my vertical mill then have a eureka moment like that It's best
not to have a witness around at times like that.

Isn't it amazing that those moments always seem to happen AFTER you
have done it the hard way?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

The worst is when you do an elaborate set up to do one piece and
later look in Machinist Bedside Reader and see exactly what you should
have done. It's the little things in life that makes one feel so warm
and fuzzy

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired