Old October 23rd 03, 01:16 PM
Corky Scott

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:06:07 -0500, "John Stricker"
wrote:

I did read your other post and emailed Brian myself complimenting him on the
job they do and asked some more questions.

1100 trouble free hours? You don't know that. All you know is there are
three conversions that have accumulated 1100 hours on the hobbs. Take that
and compare it to the how many MILLIONS of hours of Lycoming and Continental
time and it will put things in perspective.

John, I don't understand what it is you're looking for. These guys
aren't Lycoming and they aren't Continental. They are a couple of
guys who make an auto conversion from the Chevy LS1 or LS6, one at a
time.

Of **COURSE** they aren't going to have the millions of hours
LyContinental have accumulated since they first began building flat
engines.

But these guys have an engine conversion that seems to be working
well. Isn't the whole point to have a bunch of this type of engine
out there running so we can see how they match up? The only way to
make comparisons is to build them and fly them.

They're using a setting that allows them to run the computer without
needing oxygen sensors. Is this equally as efficient as running a
closed loop with O2 sensor input? Probably not, but it turns out it's
pretty close and much more efficient than what the Franklin was able
to manage. The engine is readily available, burns less fuel, makes
more power and offers air conditioning to boot. I'm having a hard
time seeing problems here.

Corky Scott