Old February 3rd 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
vaughn[_2_]

Default Tail wheels, or is this forum really dead?

wrote in message
On Feb 2, 7:15 pm, wrote:
. Anytime you try to put the tread contact ahead of the pivot
you are creating an unstable arrangement that simply won't work.

Not a completely true statement. Have you ever used a measuring
wheel?

Yes I have; used them for several decades and many miles of measuring. They are
very unstable (but very manuverable) if you use them in the forward direction.
For long straight measurements, I always trailed them.

Vaughn