Old August 5th 03, 10:00 PM

I arrived around noon on Monday and was surprised to find that traffic was
not as heavy as I had expected. Parked at the very west end of the North
40, which was nearly full by the middle of the next day (as Jay pointed
out).

My intention was to stay until Friday morning, and to attend Jay's Thursday
evening shindig, but Ma Nature intervened. Between the thunderstorms of
Wednesday afternoon and especially Wednesday night, most of what I had with
me was wet, including my sleeping bag. So, I reluctantly departed Thursday
afternoon, right before the airshow closed the field (and right after yet
another drenching in a thunderstorm as I untied and preflighted). I was
afraid that I might not make it out between the time the storm moved east
and the field closed for the show, but things did work out. Heading west, I
had to dodge numerous cells, but it wasn't all that bad. Sorry I missed the
RAO gathering, but at least I spent Thursday night in a dry bed.

This was my fist time at OSH, and I was suitably blown away. Way, way too
much to see and do.

-Elliott Drucker