Old February 9th 04, 02:20 PM
Andrew Sarangan

This used to happen to me when I was a student pilot several years
back. My reasoning for this was that your peripheral vision is better
at night. I can't say for sure if this is the cause of your problem as
well. The landing light and nav lights illuminate the peripheral area,
and your eyes are more sensitive to peripheral vision at night.
Peripheral vision is what you need for good landings. You should not
be looking at your touchdown point, but the edges of the runway. This
comes a little more naturally at night time that day time.

Gerald Sylvester wrote in message hlink.net...
I got a strange thing going on. I got my license a couple of months
ago. My day landings are smooth but not the smoothest. I do them.
i don't myself, a passenger or the plane but sometimes not greasers.
my night landings, every one of them, I can grease them in. Shouldn't
it be the opposite? I find this completely backwards as you have more
visual cues during the day. Anyone else have this 'problem?' obviously
if my day landings were that bad i wouldn't have been able to pass
my checkride. Strange.

Gerald Sylvester