Old February 12th 10, 08:25 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default They call it the impossible turn.

writes:

Yeah to a real pilot in a real airplane, but not to a simmer.

Simmers generally have the same priorities. That's what simulation is all
about.

You've already said you avoid things like VFR traffic and NORDO aircraft,
which are very common in real flying ...

Not over LAX. I like to fly in Class A, B, C, or D airspace, and NORDO
aircraft are scarce there for obvious reasons. I do fly in other airspaces,
but often at such out-of-the-way airports that there's nobody else around.

... so why the obsession with simulating
the dreaded "impossible turn", which is very rare by comparison in real
flying?

I don't simulate this turn. I rarely practice engine-out procedures, and even
if I did, the impossible turn is such a stellar example of poor judgment that
I'd not likely be tempted to try it.