Old June 15th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Michael Shirley

Default GIVEN CURRENT WARS, F-35s ARE BETTER CHOICE THAN MORE F-22As

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:52:15 -0700, Tiger wrote:

Hell Right now the Pakistaini's & our Nato allies wish we learn to shoot
only the enemy. The Guys in the clouds are ****ing off the friendlies
Again based on yesterdays news.

I'm not so sure I'd call Pakistan an ally. They're closer to the Chinese
as members of the Shanghai Cooperative Organization and a lot closer still
in joint weapons programs to them, than they are us. I'd term our
relationship more of a shotgun marriage with them doing the bare minimum
to not have Washington just set up a black ops squadron and just go flying
strike and interdiction missions in Waziristan that would cause extreme
embarassment to the Pakistanis.
--
"Implications leading to ramifications leading to shenanigans"-- Admiral
Elmo Zumwalt, USN.