Old July 30th 11, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

Default Netto

At 17:19 29 July 2011, bish wrote:
Hi

This question has probably been ask many time!
My new to me LX 7000 offer the choice of Netto or Relative netto

for
the vario needle.
Why should I choose one or the other?
Or which is most usefull?
Thank you
S6

When not to cruise with Relative would be for wave or ridge flights
without thermalling - because the Relative indication includes an
estimate of the thermalling sink of your gider which would be
illogical in straight line lift.

For thermal flying use Relative if your main concern is picking the
thermal to climb on or use Netto if your main concern is picking lift
or reduced sink lines to optimise your cruise.

IMHO