Old February 8th 04, 05:00 PM
G.R. Patterson III

EDR wrote:

As long as we are on the topics of putting lists together, Survival
Gear is another topic we haven't covered.

My kit hangs from the back of the pilot's seat. With a pull handle on top, it's
easy to grab on my way out. It holds military-style matches, three "space-age"
sleeping bags, three "space-age" blankets, a plastic dropcloth and coil of thin
line to use as a tent, a signal mirror, heavy sheath knife, compass, and a
variety of medical stuff.

There's lots of other stuff I would add (like food and water), but that's already
up to about 20 pounds.

George Patterson
Love, n.: A form of temporary insanity afflicting the young. It is curable
either by marriage or by removal of the afflicted from the circumstances
under which he incurred the condition. It is sometimes fatal, but more
often to the physician than to the patient.