Old October 31st 11, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default refinishing Ventus 2cm- wing profile

On Oct 30, 6:07*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Oct 30, 3:40*pm, wrote:

Can anyone help with the wing profile data for a Ventus 2cm? I need
the numerical data and if possible someone who could make templates on
a CNC. I have contacted US dealer with no response. *Ken

Round in front, pointy in back, and smooth over the top and under the
bottom. That will do what needs to be done.

Thanks, Bob K.

I have profiled several sets of wings and what Bob says is essentially
correct. I would profile the first 6 inches and fair the rest.
Getting the existing wing to "as-designed" is probably impossible
because the factory probably did not get it to that state when it was
built. Typically, the wing is too thick and the leading edge too
blunt.