Old September 7th 18, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Too many accidents

Like me and others teaching basic mechanics.....
How do I tighten this?
Turn clockwise 95% of the time
What is clockwise on a digital watch?!?!

Times change.

Before Knauff was teaching TLAR....I was taught sorta, does it look right, does it sound right, does if feel right? If no to anything, fix it NOW!
Same idea, just not promoted to the masses in a book. No stealing thunder from Tom, but good basic stuff. I have done flights of many hours with instrument issues, always went back to look/feel/sound, fix as needed. Not every pilot is wired that way though.