Old April 16th 20, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GoPro Camera Deal (I don't work there - this isn't spam)

On Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 3:20:11 PM UTC-5, Dennis Cavagnaro wrote:
Heard GOPro may be filing for chapter 11

DC

Well, lets see... Stock used to be at $86.97 per share, it closed at $2.58 today. They just laid off 20% of their workforce (Again). They've lost almost $500M over the last 4 years. Their products have essentially become commodity items but they seem to still believe they can charge premium prices. On the plus side they have done an excellent job of reducing OpEx over last 4 years so the news isn't all bad. They just announced a global strategy shift to direct sales instead of retail sales. That may also be a decent move since no one purchases this sort of electronics in a retail store any more.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out as a case study but no way in hell I'd spend a thin dime with them - either as a consumer of their products or as an investor - until things stabilize a bit.