Old December 8th 05, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default The Gyro House

In article t,
Michelle P wrote:
Jonathan,
I ordered a Gyro from them last fall. I was satisfied but not entirely
happy with the final outcome.
The original gyro I ordered was supposed to be a re-built sigma-tek. It
apparently blew up during pre ship testing. I waited several days for
the gyro to arrive. It didn't. I called them and he apologized. Ok what
do you have? We started talking and I thought we agreed on a New
Sigma-tek. A new RC Allen arrived. I called he apologized again. I
really needed the gyro at this point since I could not fly to work due
to weather. I installed it. It works but it was not what I wanted.

Michelle & Mike,

Thanks for your responses.

When I called to question the date, I was immediately transferred to the
president, Rich Anderson. He had one of his managers with him, and they
initially said that there was nothing wrong with an 8 month old gyro.
When I told them that Sigma-Tek disagreed, they said "since Sigma-Tek
told you that, we'll find you a newer one." Sigma-Tek did ask me who
sold me an 8 month old gyro.

I will confess, I did expect them to take responsibility for the
mistake, which they did not, even though they did locate a newer gyro.
I also expected them to at least negotiate expedited shipping so that I
could get the gyro to my mechanic before I leave on vacation on Friday.
I was told that there was no chance that they would pay for expedited
shipping. I probably should have ponied up the extra for shipping
because I really do need the mechanic to work on this while I'm on
vacation over the next week. I guess my schedule isn't important to
them.

I will say that the attitude gyro is what I ordered, it appears to be in
original Sigma-Tek packaging with documentation (unopened), and is dated
November 2005. So I'm happy with that. I am not happy that they tried
to pass off an 8 month old repackaged gyro as new, and that they acted
like they got caught in the bank vault when I told them I had talked
with Sigma-Tek.

We'll see how the replacement goes. It may get here by Friday morning,
which will enable me to get it to my mechanic before I leave. If it
doesn't, I may have him do the AI and send the DGs back for refund, and
buy someplace else.

JKG