Old December 4th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Jim Burns[_2_]

Default Owner's Manual Format

What sucks is if the manual is required to be carried in the cockpit by the
avionics certification or STC
(one of the other) Jim(s)

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Printing costs have been on a steady exponential increase, following right
along with energy costs associated with creating paper from trees, soybean
prices for ink, and all the rest of the process involved with creating

paper
manuals.

On the other hand, the price of optical media (DVD and CDROM) is

plummeting.
Anybody that has bought any computer electronic device recently soon
discovers that other than the single sheet "quick start" guide, all the

rest
of the owner's manual is on CDROM.

I guess the real question is whether a 10-20% bump in the cost of an
aviation electronic product to provide a printed black and white product
manual versus 0% increase for a CDROM that can be done in full living

color
is worth it.

(BTW, we can do ALL our manuals on a single CDROM, so you get much more
information on the whole product line than with a single manual.)

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford