Old July 26th 08, 10:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Coming home from Houston Sunday...

"Mike" wrote in news:qFwik.67$JH5.22@trnddc06:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"RST Engineering" wrote in
m:

Good grief.

I was pointing out that if you gotta tell 'em who ya are...

In any case the term is crap and poor usage coming from a percieved
need to
"sex it up"

Civil Air Patrol reports "wheels up" and "wheels down" times back to
mission base and has ever since their planes have had radios.

Oh well, if the sily ass patrol does it, then it must be standard..

Practically every one of their fleet of over 500 aircraft are fixed
gear. I've also heard Blackhawk helicopter crews use the term as
well.

I've never thought of the term as all that sexy, but whatever does it
for you.

Not me...

Bertie