Old December 11th 03, 11:07 AM
Cub Driver

I know.. complete cars left by the side of the road and then "taken" are
considered stolen.... but what if I only find one fender?

In the area where I live, it is standard procedure to put unwanted
stuff at the end of the drive. Sometimes the householder adds a sign:
FREE, but I don't bother. The thang is almost always gone by the time
of the next weekly trash pickup.

Indeed, I think the town counts on this behavior. We have a
bulky-trash pickup every June, and without fail the town tells us to
have the stuff by the side of the road two weeks in advance of the
actual pickup. They claim this is so they can allocate trucks, but I
think it's just so scanvangers will carry away most of it. They come
from several towns around to cherry-pick the leavings.

Perhaps in that part of the country, airplane wings are considered
trash to be put by the side of the road.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com