Old May 27th 04, 04:27 AM
Brett

(Wright1902Glider) wrote in message ...

"Anyone know what this type of engine weighs? I know that hog-air
claims 200
lbs, but that's with a starter, PSRU (PRSU?), exhaust, etc. I'm
wondering what the engine itself weighs with its standard starter, and
nothing else. Any
bikers in here have a spare engine and a scale?"

I think the motor itself weighed 165 lbs. I don't have my notes in
front of me but it's close to that. As for the Harley starter it
mounts on the transmision. And since your not going to use that you
will have to get creative. Also it is not the Evo that's the old motor
the Twin Cam is completely new that is the one you want. You also want
to use the " B " motor that is the balanced motor. That is why it
weighs more than a normal or "A" Harley engine. If you have any more
questions I'll do my best to help.

Brett Ray
www.hog-air.com